Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Where we are...











As of today, we have plane tickets and hotel reservations. We leave on July 25th, arrive in Taiwan on July 26th, and pick up Lily on July 27th! So, the countdown is on! We are trying to finish everything that we put off when we were trying not to focus on the wait. (Teach us!) It will be busy, but at least time will go by quicker.

Today we also received our latest updates on Lily. She is still almost exactly the same size as Elizabeth. However, it said she is walking a lot; falling down while doing so, but walking. I'm so happy that she is progressing... but as a mommy, I was sad also to realize I wouldn't see those first steps. So many things in this adoption have been like that. Happy and sad both. But I can tell you, happy more often than not... and definately happy now that we can go get her! Now Joby really better put that crib together that remains in the unopened box in our upstairs hallway. (I think we were afraid to put it together.. that it would somehow "jinx" something) So, we've moved Elizabeth's stuff around to accomodate her new sister. I really think it's going to be great for both of them!
I've posted the latest pics we received only today. She's so darn cute I can't stand it! 5 more weeks!!!
Sheryl

4 comments:

Googsmom said...

I love her!! I marked it on my calendar :) {{{HUGS}}}}

{{{{Elizabeth too}}}}}}

Jenny said...

Sheryl, I am so happy for you. We will also prayfully be going to get our babies at the end of July. I truly understand about the crib. I have not gotten our cribs ready either but we have to have faith. Praying for you. Two families at 2 different countries picking up their babies at the same time! Awesome.

Kelly said...

The time is almost here! And she is so darned cute! Goodness, she just makes my heart smile! Congratulations!

Dolores said...

What a dolly! I've loved her all along. I'm so happy she'll soon be home with her family!