Monday, January 19, 2009

update on Taiwan response...

Well, we did receive a response from Cathwel in Taiwan. Apparently the birth mother is concerned about how able we will be to care for 2 children the same age with many of the same needs. Personally, I think this will easier than caring for two with totally different sets of needs, but I can understand why someone could question it I guess. So, we had to respond and send a care plan of sorts explaining why and how we thought we could accomplish this. Of course, having already put many years into an older set of twins, I think we had a pretty reasonable argument. We'll have to wait and see if they feel the same way.

I know it's probably typical of all families that adopt, but I just feel like I wish they would let us bring her home and get started with making her a part of our family already! Geez! Having a family has to be better than living in an orphanage; no matter how good the orphanage and the care there is! I'm not a patient person to begin with, and especially not when it involves my children. I want what is best for them and I want it NOW! haha. Guess I better learn a little about delayed gratification, eh? But, I'm sure anyone reading this, who has children, understands what I'm talking about.

So, please keep us in your prayers. They seem to be working..(although you could also pray for a little bit more speed if your so inclined!) :-) We do appreciate the concern.

Sheryl

2 comments:

Googsmom said...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} I know nothing of adoption Sheryl. This has got to be so hard. The waiting. I didn't know the other mom was involved. I'll pray she see's the wonderful family you have and the many years of happy times that will come. Brook sends her love and best wishes too. Keep the Faith!!
{{{{{BIG GIANT HUGS}}}}}
Jenn and Brook

KellyL said...

Sheryl,
I will be praying for you.
Kelly