Monday, February 2, 2009

Still waiting.....

Well, we are still waiting for a reply from Cathwel to our response to their questions (did that even make sense?). (sigh). I did hear from Julie though. She said that last Monday was Chinese New Year and the ENTIRE country goes on vacation for 10 days! So, she believes that is what is delaying the response. She's hoping to hear from them by February 5th. I'M hoping to hear from them within the next ... say.... 10 minutes! :-)

In the meantime, Julie gave us some busy work (maybe to keep me from emailing her again with a "have you heard" subject line?) We have to make a scrapbook to send to Cathwel of our family, our extended family, our community, etc. They then use these scrapbooks to show to birthmothers, and then give it to the birthmother after she selects a family. Julie said include some pics of the local school (o.k.) and maybe the local parks where we play (alright, I know she lives in Floriday, but does SHE remember we live in Michigan? The parks are all COVERED with snow!) haha. So that's what we're doing.

Now, if you know me (any of my family reading this will confirm) you know that finding enough pictures WILL NOT be the problem.... narrowing it down to just a few will definately be more of an issue. We want to put our best foot forward and show all of the wonderful people and things that will be available to our baby if her birth mother lets her come home with us! So now we're involved with "voting" at our house. With a 19 year old son, two 16 year old daughters, a beautiful toddler, and 2 bossy parents, ALL who are very opinionated!, this has become a "process" at our house. But, at least it helps by letting us believe we are somehow moving the process forward...

So, that is where we stand. I've been getting a few questions and realized I need to update everyone.

Please continue to pray that the process continues to move forward and smooths out! I'd love to have her home for summer! Can you just imagine how much fun Elizabeth and Faith could have together this summer?

I will try to keep this updated. I just keep hoping for more to update! (Joby will be the first to point out that patience is NOT my best attribute!)

Sheryl

No comments: